This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Situated on Douglas sea front in the Isle of Man. We are located within a 5 min walk of Douglas town centre and the main shops and restaurants.
The Ellan Vannin has 26 en suite bedrooms spread over 4 floors, accessible by stairs only and we also have 1 ground floor en suite bedroom and 1 ground floor suite with bathroom.
The Ellan Vannin was built in 1878 in the traditional Victorian style of the day and there are some period features of the house which may make access difficult for people with limited mobility. For example the building does not have a lift and the construction and design of the building is not suitable for the installation of a lift.
We do try very hard to meet each Guest’s individual needs and we look forward to welcoming you to the Ellan Vannin. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01624674824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone or email email@example.com.
- You can find Ellan Vannin Hotel on Loch Promenade in Douglas, just a few doors to the right of the church, opposite the fountain in the sunken gardens. (Loch Promenade is nearest to the Ferry Port). The walk from the Port to Ellan Vannin is approximately 5 minute along Douglas Promenade which is paved and level.
- If you are arriving by air, you can catch a bus from just outside the main airport exit every 20 minutes. Bus numbers 1, 2, 11 and 12, take you directly into Douglas and most will stop outside the church on Loch Promenade a few doors from the Hotel. Just check when you get on if the bus is stopping on Loch Promenade or Douglas Bus station which is approx 10 mins on foot along paved and level walk ways. There are also plenty of taxis outside the front door of the airport. The normal fare in to Douglas will be approx £20.00
- The nearest bus stop is within 50m of the Hotel, there is no shelter or seating. A regular bus service (every 20 mins) takes you into the main Douglas bus station where you can change buses for several destinations.
- Taxis can be prebooked for you if required
Car Parking and Arrival
- Due to our central location in the heart of Douglas, the Promenade parking can get very busy indeed, however you can park free of charge on Douglas Promenade outside the hotel, for a maximum of 2 hours during the day or 4 hours with a disability badge. Sundays and overnight parking is unrestricted. We can provide you with a parking disc free of charge, which you will need to display on your windscreen.
- If you would prefer the convenience of your own reserved parking space available to you at any time of day or night, we can arrange a private park close to the Hotel at a cost of £8.50 for 24 hours. The parking is barrier controlled and situated on uneven ground approximately 5 mins walk from the Hotel.The car park itself is not well illuminated at night. Street lights only.
- Access to the Hotel is gained from a flagged pavement up 6 steps, each 6.5 inches high and 78 inches wide. This gives access to the vestibule area where there is a further step of 6.5 inches high and 65 inches wide leading into the hallway and reception area. The Hallway and reception area are level throughout and the floor covering is vinyl karndean.
- The reception area is reasonably well lit with LED low energy lights.
- Guests are welcomed in the hallway which is level throughout, where they are asked to register. There is no chair at reception but there is a facility to register you in the dining area just off the hallway where there is a chair if required. Please advise prior to arrival if assistance is required with luggage.
- There are two ground floor bedrooms, one is a suite and one is an standard en suite bedroom. Both rooms can be either a double bed or two single beds. The suite has an additional sitting area accessed by 3 steps 6 inches high and 25 inches wide. The settee can convert to a small double bed if required
- The entry to both rooms is by a door 25 inches wide.
- In the standard en suite bedroom there is a 6′ super king bed which is 31.5 inches high (Floor to top of mattress), There is access to both sides of the bed and there is a minimum space of 22 inches beside one side of the bed. In the suite there is a minimum access to each side of the 6′ super king bed of 29 inches. The bed in the suite is 32 inches high from floor to top of mattress.
- Both rooms have freeview digital TV with subtitles available. Remote controlled.
- There are bedside tables, bedside lamps, an open robe, an open shelving unit and a desk and chair in each room.
- Both rooms have a telephone and help or assistance can be summoned 24 hours a day.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- STANDARD EN SUITE ROOM:
- En suite is accessed through a level entry door, 24 inches wide from the bedroom.
- Toilet is 16 inches in height
- Separate removable, adjustable head thermostatically controlled shower in a cubicle with a 14 inches sliding door entry gap and a step of 7.5 inches.
- The floor covering is oak laminate
- En suite is accessed through a level entry door, 25 inches wide from the bedroom.
- Toilet is 16 inches in height
- Separate removable, adjustable head thermostatically controlled shower in a cubicle with a 27 inches sliding door entry gap and a step of 10.5 inches.
- Separate Bath, 45 inches wide and 25 inches high with non slip bath mat
- The floor covering is ceramic tile
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas are well lit using a combination of ceiling and floor standing lamps
- There is a short pile carpet on the stairs and landings throughout.
- There is a continuous flight of 13 stepped stairs 7 inches high and 30 inches wide to the first floor with a bannister rail on one side
- There are no steps to the Guest dining room, Guest lounge and residents bar.
- The Hotel is centrally heated throughout but the temperature can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
- There are automatic audible smoke alarms in the stairwell and landings and outside all bedrooms.
- There is no lift. Bedrooms above ground level are accessed by stairs only.
Public Areas – Lounge
- The Guest lounge is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the main entrance area.
- The lounge door is 34 inches wide
- The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs with and without arms together with low level coffee tables
- The floor covering is vinyl karndean
- bar food and drink can be served in the lounge
- There are one ladies and one gents toilet situated under the staircase in the hallway off the dining room. They are accessed through a 26″ wide door and is step free level entry.
- The toilets are16″ high.
- The Dining room is off the hallway on the ground floor and the entrance is 31 inches wide and step free level entry. It is fully carpeted.
- Large bay windows give plenty of natural light and there are overhead and floor standing lamps.
- Seating for 32 people at several small tables. The tables are 28″ high and 27″ square with a mixture of upright chairs
- We can cater for food intolerances and dietary requirements. Please contact us in advance with any specific requests. Where possible all our food produce is locally sourced.
- Breakfast is a self service buffet for starters and table service for hot items including drinks. Full table service is available on request.
- Dinner is full table service
- Tables are dark coloured laminate and contrast with the white crockery.
- Room service for all meals is available on request. A mini fridge is available for a small charge for the storage of medication or special food items.
|Address (Inc postcode):||Ellan Vannin Hotel 31/32 Loch Promenade Douglas Isle of Man IM1 2LY|
|Hours Of Operation:||Open Year round|
|Local Equipment Hire:||CIRCA (Centre for Information Resource Care and Assistance) CIRCA Shop mobility Level 2 Chester Street Car Park Douglas IM1 2PG Telephone: 01624613713|
|Local Accessible Taxi:||A1 Taxis 01624 622222 Please advise the day before if possible.|